Monday, February 22, 2016

A Hand for the Stretch Limo Driver



I spent 30 years in the limousine industry alternating between management and driving. Whichever was the lesser of the two evils: tolerating my bosses or the traffic.

One evening we had a reservation for a bachelorette party, which I decided to drive. The ladies sounded as though they were a real hoot when they ordered the 10-passenger white stretch limousine months in advance.

For anyone who’s familiar with Little Italy, you know just how narrow and congested the streets are on a Friday night, let alone trying to maneuver a 40-foot stretch limousine around such tight corners.

As luck would have it, there was a spot right in front of the restaurant as I pulled up to drop them off. Seeing just how tight the spot was, several of the women immediately panicked and jumped ship, fearing I was about to destroy this enormous vessel of a vehicle. The few who remained comfortably relaxed in the back had complete and total faith in my parking genes.

Although it was extremely tight, I never once touched either car bumper in front of or behind me — leaving me with just barely enough space to squeeze my knees through to get to the rear of the vehicle.

Read Full Article at  http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/a-hand-for-the-stretch-limo-driver/?_r=1

Related Article: https://limodr.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment